SIPs - Structural Insulated Panels Scotland
What are SIP's?
SIPs, or Structural Insulated Panels, are a revolutionary building material that has taken the construction industry by storm. Our SIPs are made up of a rigid foam core of polyurethane that we inject between two sheets of OSB3 (an engineered structural timber sheet), making them the perfect building component.
SIPs are manufactured in a controlled factory environment, where precise measurements and quality control ensure that each panel is consistent and high-quality. Once produced, SIPs are transported to the construction site for assembly. They are designed to fit together like puzzle pieces, making construction faster and more efficient compared to traditional framing methods.
The Benefits of SIPs
- Energy Efficiency: SIPs provide superior insulation, reducing heating and cooling costs for buildings.
- Quick Construction: The panels are prefabricated, which speeds up construction and reduces on-site labour.
- Strength and Durability: SIPs are strong and durable, capable of withstanding various environmental conditions.
- Design Flexibility: They can be customised to fit a wide range of architectural designs.
- Environmentally Friendly: SIPs promote sustainability through reduced energy consumption and less construction waste.